Wednesday 15 February 2012

NSW Property price heatmap

I've been considering buying a property of late but without a strong grasp of the greater Sydney area's geography I found I couldn't really judge whether a price was appropriate or not for a given suburb. Seeing how much as I love data, I threw together Property Hot Spots . Its backed by couchdb and aside from the initial tile generation, is essentially static. It could do with a design cleanup and perhaps a canvas-based heatmap that isn't so ugly but it served its purpose so I figured I'd post it here in case others find it useful. The newest data displayed here is from Jan 2012. The oldest a few years back. I might add date of sale somehow in a future change if I can find an uncluttered way to display it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment